Saturday, July 31, 2010

Busy as a Bee


Not much exciting to write except that everything is in the details when it comes to adopting. I've been plugging away and have everything either accomplished or scheduled including getting Tyler's room ready to share, fingerprinting appt, CPR/First Aid Training, TB tests, health and fire inspections, and there's got to be more that I'm just not remembering at 11:45 tonight...whew! I'm trying to have all 'our' part done before Allison's big day. Then the ball will be in Pathways and CPS's court and we will just wait. Many are asking how soon we might have a child. It will depend on what God has in store for us. Some get placed quickly and others may take a while. We have several criteria which will narrow down our placement considerably. We're asking for a boy between 2 or 3 and 5 years. (I say we start at 2, John says 3 b/c he is avoiding diapers entering into our house again like the plague!) So, since we're only able to take one child and we're specific on the sex, age, and we will also only take a child who is thought to be of 'legal risk'. This means they will most likely or have already have had their parents terminate their rights. We will attend our LAST training class with the agency on Monday. I'm getting so hopeful! Here's a poem I found and also a picture of Tyler's room that is ready to receive our new son. A side note is that Liz Tuttle loaned me the cowboy bedding about a year ago when Tyler latched on the cowboys as his latest 'craze'. When she gave it to me I noticed there were two complete sets of bedding. I didn't think anything of it and stored the other set in the attic. That is until NOW when I realized there was a divine purpose for it afterall. Again, everything is in the details!

The Gift of Life
I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.

For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you
The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment